We celebrate the Feast Day of Saint Peter Claver, patron saint of the Knights of Peter Claver and Ladies Auxiliary. A Jesuit priest of wealthy means, Saint Peter Claver chose to dedicate his life to serving and ministering to enslaved men, women, and children who arrived in Cartagena, Colombia, South America. He is credited with baptizing over 300,000 slaves.
Claver lived his life as "the slave of the slave" and advocated for action before words. We consider the men who helped him in his chosen ministry the first Knights of Peter Claver. His life of service, leadership, unconditional love, and caring for all resonates as a fitting map to navigate the challenging times of today.
We are all called to take a stand for the marginalized, to minister and evangelize those who do not have a relationship with Christ, and to, as Peter Claver said, "speak to them with our hands by giving, before we try to speak to them with our lips."
How will your unit celebrate the life and great charitable works of our patron saint, Saint Peter Claver?
Here are some great ideas:
- Turnout / wear your KPC, Inc. gear
- Request to be lectors, eucharistic ministers, ushers, gift bearers during the weekend's masses
- Conduct a charitable and / or service event
- Have a breakfast, lunch, or dinner with your unit / potential members
- Provide snacks / meal after mass(es)
- Have a recruitment table with information about our Noble Order and membership
- Ask fellow parishioners if they are interested in joining (walk up to them, don't just wait for them to come to you!)
- Initiate new members
- Do something to recognize your priests, nuns, and other religious
Be sure to take and post lots of pictures and tag them #ClaverDay2022 and #ClaverFamily